24 March 2008

About my blog title.

So I guess you're wondering what "5 centimeters per second" means. It's actually a title of anime about how fast cherry blossom petals fall and that it symbolizes the relationships of people, about how we all start off together and we slowly drift our separate ways. With this blog, I hope to at least remember the people I did meet or did interact with, even if it was just briefly, or years upon years long.

I'm optimistic though. Life has a way of bringing us back together, by a song, an image in a store, or a holiday. We remember people who aren't always around or off doing something else. So even though, we might drift away, as slowly as petals, we come back together in ways unbeknownst to ourselves. This blog is to do just that. Holding onto connections while making new ones.*Cue emo music "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie*

No comments: