25 August 2008

Day of Firsts: Grad school and Salsa Class

Today I had my first taste of grad school and salsa class. Both made me want to go screaming for the hills...

The grad school orientation was both helpful and insightful. I got to meet many of the other grad students in my program, many of which were nice. The others i didn't meet, but i assume that they're nice too. I also realize that my handwriting needs work and that when i get nervous, i lose all track of thought. I'm going to try to get into the habit of writing on paper every once in a while and to stop relying on my laptop to take notes. I also realized that there's only 3 asian guys in my program. Wow, I am in the minority. This feels weird. The rest are hot grad students... Rawr... All in all, I think I'm in for a good year..

Salsa class however was frightening. This class picks up fast and glosses past a lot of things such as setting up open breaks, hand positions, etc. I also was in a horrible position because I couldn't see what the instructor was doing. And when i did turn around to see him, I couldn't see the correct foot or hand placement. It kinda made me feel like I was going in blind. I'm hoping that thursday will be a little slower and smaller, and I'll be able to retain more.

Eeep I say, eep.

Here's a few videos of grad school orientation that i recorded from my phone. Interestingly, you can only hear me as the mic doesn't pick up well.

Here are some clips. I'm streaming these videos, so sometimes the signal isn't too good and there's a delay and pauses in some of these videos



2 comments:

Gary said...

haha, great post. can I get the video app for my iPhone?

heyroth said...

yup, just download it through cydia... it's called "qik"