06 March 2011

I'm a creeeeep, I'm a winner....

So as of late, I've been showing my friend Diana around the city. Took her to a couple of outings, generally showing her around. Tonight, I invited her to join my friends Sam, Celeste, lilia and various of other friends.

We met up with Julia and her friend, Amanda and danced all night. I got tired and we decided to hang out at the bar to talk and chat. More precisely, Sam and Diana spent most of the night talking with each other as I stand there awkwardly bouncing my head to the music. I suggested that we head out and so they talked as we walked to my car. Talked as I drove them home. Talked as I waited outside sam's house as they continued to talk.

After sam went inside his apt, I pulled away and drove to Diana apt. Diana tried to give me a compliment on how I went to such a nice high school. I accepted politely and we talked briefly about Buddhism.

I felt kinda bummed out, that she hardly talked to me. Especially, since I really took the time to introduce her to my friends, showed her around. But I knew that, as hard it would be, i needed sam to hang out with her.

Sam's a shy guy, had flings but not any real relationships. He's a great guy and pretty decent.

So I suggested to Diana that instead of me going with her to the concert, maybe Sam should go. She asked me why I didn't want to go and I told her that they seem to have a lot to talk about. I told her I'd text sam's number, which I did. I then told sam that maybe he should go with her since it sounds like she would have a good time with him.

He asked what it was about and I sent him, her number as well.

Dropped off Diana, helped her find her phone and got a wimpy hug and left.

I know what I probably did was for the best, as they had a good time together but it's hard not to feel snubbed a bit. I guess, later down the road, I'll feel good about it. But selfishly, I wish I was able to get that sort of response.

As it is late, and I should probably sleep before I wake up in 6 hours to do bug duty, I should go to sleep.

I'm a creep. I'm winner. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

No comments: