20 April 2008

San Francisco Music Scene: The Definite Articles at Kimo's



Saturday night was the Definite Articles first night with their two new members Gabe (bass) and Molly (keyboard). Molly's got a great voice and I loved her keyboard. Gabe did awesome as well (as much as a non-musical person like me can tell). I can totally tell the difference from their first show without these two and I'm looking forward to their future show.

By the way, I was doing a little merchandising (free) and publicity for the band. I'm not a big indie guy, but a supporter of their group, so i'm not sure if I came off totally lame. I gotta brush up with my PR skills the next time I'm doing merchandising. I finally got myself a cool new button from the show.

Seriously the show was great, and even Gabe commented on saying that the applause they got were really genuine. I really wish they could have seen what I've seen from the crowd. Although the crowd wasn't as big as their Retox show, a little more than a few people really getting into it. I'm looking forward to their CD release date on May 21st, at the Rickshaw stop. It's going to great.

No comments: